Last Updated: 21 September 2015
- National Independence Day was celebrated on 15 August 2014. After Flag hoisting the community gathered for Worship Service in the Chapel where Rev. Dr. Spurgeon Nesapandian, Chaplain & Professor of the Department of Philosophy, Madras Christian College delivered the God’s Message.
- SCMI Gurukul Unit observed 1 September 2014 as day of Fasting for Climate Justice accepting the call for “Fast for Climate” by the Lutheran World Federation.
- Onam Festival was celebrated on 10 September 2014.
- International Prayer Day for Peace was observed together on Sunday, 21 September 2014.
- CSI Formation Day was be observed on Sunday, 28 September 2014.Rev. Dr. Royce Manoj an Old Testament Professor and presently serving as EMS-CSI Liaison Officer at CSI Secretariat will be the chief guest.
- College Christmas was celebrated on 18 December 2014. Pastor Wabang, Pastor of Naga Christian Fellowship, Chennai brought Christmas message to the members of Gurukul Community.
- Pongal Festival was celebrated on 14 January 2015.
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity was observed during 18-23 January 2015. The Department of History of Christianity has organised devotion and worship services on the theme “The Well is Deep”
- Republic Day was celebrated on 26 January 2015 in which the Student general Secretary, Rev. Baila Channakesavulu hoisted the Indian Flag, delivered the Reublic Day message and preached at the special Republic day Worship Service.
- Ugadi Festival was celebrated on 11 February 2015
- Special days such as world humanitarian Day, International Day for the Girl child, All Saints Day, Martin Luther’s Birth Day, International Day for the Elimination of violence against women, World AIDS Day, International Anti-Corruption Day, Human Right Day, International Women’s Day were given special recognition during the worship services.
- Thursday, 10 August 2017: Scripture Knowledge Examination II
- Tuesday, 15 August 2017: Independence Day Celebrations