Last Updated: 25 July 2017
Gurukul Lutheran Theological College and Research Institute is both an academic and applied centre of theology. It conceives theological education as a means to understandingthe Gospel in the Indian context. The salient features are the following.
- To conceive and build a relevant theological education taking into consideration the hope and aspirations and the pain and pathos of the marginalised, especially the women, dalits and adivasis & to involve in their social struggles.
- To evolve praxis-oriented method of learning, so as to prepare students for pastoral & other Christian ministries.
- To foster an inclusive community through corporate worship, mutual care and fellowship.
- To encourage freedom of critical reflection and research through seminars, consultations, workshops, training programs and publications.
The academic year of the College is from June to April every year, where all the Courses - Bachelor of Divinity (4 years), Master of Theology (2 years), Doctor of Theology (3 years) as per Senate regulation are offered at Gurukul as residential and full time study. Two types of accommodation are provided - single for men and women and family for M.Th. and D.Th. students.
Besides the regular residential academic programmes Gurukul is offering Bachelor of Christian Studies (BCS) and Diploma in Christian Studies (DipCS) as external studies from this academic year 2017-2018 to benefit the lay people in the church to equip themselves with theological education for varied ministries in their respective congregations.
We follow the semester system, accommodating the new curriculum introduced by the Senate of Serampore College. For the current academic year 2017-2018, the first semester begin from 4th June to 14th October, 2017 and the second semester from 22nd October, 2017 to 19th April, 2018.
B.C.S. Admission 2017
- Thursday, 10 August 2017: Scripture Knowledge Examination II
- Tuesday, 15 August 2017: Independence Day Celebrations